Sunday, November 2, 2014

WANE.COM TV-15 COMCAST CH-2 CANDIDATE STATEMENT & THANK YOU.




https://www.facebook.com/davidchristopherroach/posts/10205094296780055


hi Gina- Im sorry i couldnt make it to the TV studio for a morning interview. 1- im NOT a morning person; and 2- Ive had some behind the scenes "drama" that has made making a "proper go of it" on my Campaign. Its been mainly Internet/social media based..
I wanted to thank you for the nice "plug" and TV news write up for the Sheriffs race. I mainly ran because the Democrats failed to fill the ballot vacancy; they had 4 years; + to do so. And Sheriff is too important a job to just have the party forfeit.
I have a campaign blog: http://roach4sheriff.blogspot.com that pretty well sums up my "smart enforcement policing strategy"- based on the Eric Holder/ President Obama DOJ Policy of focusing on leaving the Harmless "Stoners, and other "small fish alone; while using the very limited tax budget resources for higher priorities- serious violent felons, and crooked politicians police, and businessmen- the BIG FISH.
A NY Federal district court has recently declared the "Broken Window theory " unconstitutional and i hope to rely on the Citizens, and their Smart Phones, to call the sheriff and police to report anything they see that doesnt seem right. see something say something..and to be proactive to "nip itin the bud"- when it comes to school issues- bullying; bus stop assaults, so kids can feel safe pursing their educations and going about their lives..
Like your article said: i am a Navy veteran- received a war zone medal; i have PTSD, but many 30 yr police do as well.
Policing should not be a family business, nor any kind of "royal monarchys".
I want to keep guns from the wrong people; and nulify present marijuana and alcohol laws and related offenses- to save scarce taxpayers money; again- so we dont clog the courts and jail system with the mentally ill; the mentally defecient; nor non-violent drug additcs, weekend druks, or pot heads, so we can lock up serious violent felons; "mean people" and drug traffickers who sell to minors..
again; thank you for your time and the kind news story; and best wishes to you all. I am a loyal viewer since waaay back- the 5 PM first news; and the late night rports and on the internet/social media as much as possible. I d also like to thank my supporters who have helped, my family for their patience with aggravating political campaigns, and the Democrat voters and centrists who voted in 2010; in which i received nearly 25,000 votes on this mostly identical campaign platform.. I may not win, but at least the local party didnt forfeit or give up.
lastly- as Union army General William t Sherman replied when asked if he would run for president- he said:" If nominated, I refuse to run, if elected, I refuse to serve."- If I win, per chance( and thats a BIG IF, given the local political reality)-I may just resign sometime before January; and hand the job off to the democrat Party Caucus to decide.. or maybe not.. I have some people who may help staff my Office. a potential Dhief Deputy( a military veteran; and current police official; I have a few names for Matron, civilian jobs ; Real Estate related work- foreclosures, sheriff sales, evictions, and so on; several police and DOC officials to be my Jail Kommandant Stalag 15..lol..)- and a diversegroup of "black sheep " to form into an efficient, effective sheriffs organization. Im willing to work with the city Police, and others as much as feasible; and promise openess, and trtansparency with the community and the media with respect to public records, crime informationand other issues that may arise..
well- as Forrest Gump said" and thats all i have to say about that.."
David Christopher "legalize Marijuana" David Legalize Marijuajuana Roach
2010; 2014 Democrat for Sheriff
I dont want to be a cop. even though my grandfather was a BATF agent in the prohibition era in chicago; and Illinois districts. Again- the local party has to fill its ballots, and cant just forfeit government to the Tea party, and their extremism.. "its a dirty job...." Mike Rowe
I AM "YOUR" SHERIFF- I SUPPORT LEGALIZING RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA; CIVILIAN CONTROL OF POLICING; GUN SAFETY REFORMS, SERVE AND PROTECT THE RULE OF LAW & CONSTITUTIONAL CIVIL RIGHTS OF DUE...
ROACH4SHERIFF.BLOGSPOT.COM|BY DAVID ROACH

No comments: